Skip to main content

I Shouldn't Have Cheated..But I Did

It was early in the morning and I really didn't feel like being at school this day. We had to be to school for 7:45 and I had to catch the bus to school. I was really tired that day because the night before I was studying for a calculus exam the night before. I was hanging out on the breezeway talking with Kiara and Corrine. My friend Armad was using his cell phone and he came up to me and was like "My cousin is on the phone and he wants to talk to you!" I'm like " Your cousin I don't know your cousin". Then Armad reached in his pocket..and  this dude HAD A PICTURE IN HIS HAND OF HIS COUSIN. I looked at the pic and I must admit he was really cute. He was in his army uniform and he was really buff. Armad handed me the phone and I said " Hello!" and then he said "  Hey Tiffany this is Mark  I know this is strange but I have a crush on you since your 8th grade graduation!". There I am in shock with the phone in my hand and I was in shock that someone I didn't know at all felt this way about me. So I said " Really how do you remember almost 4  years ago?" He said " I held the door for you and I remember your smile!" I was smiling ear to ear on this phone. The bell was ringing for class to start. So I gave him my number and it was all over and love from there.

 We had been together for almost 4 years when things started to twindle down. He was into the music thing and he would spend more time with friends than me. I wouldn't get a call from him for days and I really was feeling depressed and unwanted. I was in college and I was trying to focus on school but the stress of this relationship was really getting to me . I really loved him and I would try anything to make it work. I would tell him how I felt and all he would say is that he is trying to do this for us. He didn't believe that working a typical nine to five job wasn't for him.

When he got his car and didn't have to ask his grandmother for ride he was really excited and I was too because I didn't have a car or license. At the time I would work at the Superdome and I would work events like the Saints game or a Hornet game. I really liked working there because I would work by the player locker room which was cool because I got to chat with the players and everything..maybe flirt a little lol..but it was fun. I would get off at 12 at night and I would call him to come and get me. He would be upset with me because I asked him to come get me from work. He said that he was working on a track or something. That would really hurt my feelings because what man would want his women out late at night. So sometimes I would catch the bus home at midnight or later. I never was scared when I did but I was always stayed vigilant. I had to get home so I had to do what I had to do to get home.

My Great Grandma was really sick and she wasn't acting like herself. She was really independent and she would take care of herself. That changed because she didn't want to get out of bed and she didn't do the things she would normally do. When she passed I really took this hard and I wouldn't go to school or work. I would go by his house and he would comfort me. I really appreciated that because I really needed him at that time. I really feel deeper into love with him after this tragedy. He began to act like he did when we first got  together. I was happy about it but I couldn't enjoy it because of the pain I was going thru at the time.

When it was the funeral day I called him to ask him what time he was coming to church for and he didn't answer the first time. So I called back and he answered and I asked him when he will be ready. You know what he told me. "I don't have anything to wear!" and he didn't come to the funeral. At this point I was out of it and I had been crying all night and for him not to show up to the funeral was even more painful. To see her laying in the coffin just lifeless I broke down. Knowing that was the last time I would see her. I couldn't take it. He knew how much pain I was in and how much she meant to me. This was the worst feeling I could ever have and I couldn't do anything about it. I didn't want any memory of that funeral. I threw away the dress I wore and the shoes because I couldn't look in the closet to see that dress and those shoes. I had to get rid of them.

Even though he didn't come to the funeral we were still together..(I know stupid right..right!). He started the not calling and it began over. I started to concentrate on school again and also I had gotten a job at Walmart as a cashier. So I was occupied with school and work it didn't bother me as much. I got used of doing things by myself. So I decided to pay more attention to myself and I started running everyday and eating healthy. I had lost about 20 pounds. I would go running before school and I started to buy clothes and shoes because I had to new body and I wanted to dress cute for school. I started to get more attention from guys but I would always tell them that I had a boyfriend. I still loved him even though I hadn't talk to him in a week. I still was being a good girlfriend and taking up for him when I shouldn't have.

This day was hot and I had on some khaki shorts, cute ruffled top and some black & brown wedges. I was standing at the bus stop waiting on the Magazine bus and I was listening to my ipod. I noticed this car had slowed down and it was a brown or sandy color car and it had really dark tint on it. I really wasn't paying attention and then I notice the bus was coming so I got on the bus. I got to my stop to wait on the next bus that I had to take. This same car pulled up brown with the tinted windows. The car parks and the he gets out the car. He is really tall, really cute, caramel skin complexion and he was on the husky side. I'm looking because I am not the only person at this bus stop so I'm thinking he ain't here for me...then I smelled his cologne and it smelled so good..(imma sucka for men with cologne on)..as he walks toward me he said " How you doing my name is Dallyn..and I was in shock but I said " Hi my name is Tiffany nice to meet you" and he said " You need a ride to where you have to go?" I said "No I'm good" and He was like " I respect that so can get your number to call you sometime?" I hesitated and I said "Yeah" and I gave him my number. The bus was coming so I got on the bus but I waved..you know that flirtatious wave..lol..

A couple of days went by and then I received a call from him and I was nervous because  I knew I was attracted to him. He asked me all the questions you ask when you first get on the phone with someone. Then he asked me "Are you Single?" and I said "No I have a boyfriend!". He said "Really how long have you been together?" and I said "Four years!" He said " That's a long time! Are you happy?"....I went silent on the phone...............and then....................

TO BE CONTINUED....

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Like it or Nahh

I have noticed that if you are a woman you are not suppose to be outwardly sexual because it is frowned upon. I have learned that people tend to judge a woman for being sexual which I think is pretty ridiculous! I have been a victim of this myself. Some men that I have dealings with in the past didn't necessarily liked that I blogged about sex or that I was so open with strangers about my love life. I found that quite funny and very judgmental but I guess that comes with the territory. If I am divulging all this info about myself someone out there isn't going to agree with me or be on my side. I expect that I want that because I respect people's criticism but when it's malicious I don't tolerant that. I think that what I write about could possibly help another person. I know that I go thru things on a daily basis when it comes to men and relationships. Why not share my experiences and my take on things whether it be sexual or not. Some people's opinions are

The First 15....

Janee' was set up on a date with a mutual friend of ours on a blind date. She asked me if he was cute and what the dimensions were....Lol..I told her that she would find out when she sees him for the first time. I choose not to show her any pics because I wanted it to be a real blind date! Janee' was very nervous so I told her that I would be in Barnes & Noble that was just down the street from the restaurant. To make a long story short...Janee' came back to Barnes & Noble and she said that he was very handsome and he had really good conversation...then she said the "He CAN GET IT!!"...LOL Being a woman myself I know if I meet a new guy I can tell within the first 15 minutes if I like him...If I would go the next date and if I would sleep with him. Mind you the first 5 minutes are physical and the other 10 is his introduction!!  It all about chemistry and vibes for me..but that being said even if I felt that way before he started talking that could cha

Tainted Image Of Mr.Perfect

I was lost when it came to knowing what I wanted vs what I needed when it came  to a man. As much as I sit and daydream about Mr. Perfect I wondered was I under the influence of society image of him. I know I have my preferences but what if my Mr. Perfect doesn't fall within my preferences. How can I decipher whether or not I'm going off of what society says is a perfect man. When I was your I had my own ideology when it came to men and relationships.  For example.. I believed that the man should be taller, older and just bigger all the way around.. I mean that's just physical and circumstantial conditions that had to be met for me at that time..I think I was definitely affected by society when it came to that. So I changed that outlook because that was very silly to me. I'm only gonna date guys older and taller but the tallness really didn't matter lol.. I had a checklist and if he didn't hit a least 4 of the things on my list he was outed!! I was very simp