Skip to main content

Y2K CRUSH

I had been praying all day long because of I was really scared of the Y2K thing that was suppose to happened. I had told my grandmother that we needed water, food, and flashlights. She didn't believe the hype and she laughed at me. I really believed that this was going to happen, I was crying and everything.  I had went out and brought my own canned food and water when my grandmother saw what I had purchased she said laughingly " That water and food that you bought yeah... is not going to save you!" I was really upset with her because she didn't care if we died.

So it's 11:50 and I have the tv channel on MTV because I figured it's going to happen to them first because they are a hour a head. So they are on tv partying it up not caring about the Y2K. Then the countdown begins and I am on my knees praying. 10.9.8.7.6.5.4.3.2.1 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!! I looked up and nothing happened to them they are still happy and partying. So my grandmother was right the whole time..but since nothing happen I knew that this year would be a great year for me.


Keith was this guy that I had a HUGE crush on. I mean a really big one and the way I knew about him was because I was friends with his sister Keisha. I would go over to her house see her but he would never be there and I liked that because I couldn't be around him just yet. I really had it bad because I knew what time he would come home because I would stand in the screen door and watch him walk home. Literally everyday but he wouldn't see me because the screen was black. lol. When I saw him with his school uniform on and his backsack my heart just melted away.  He was tall and he had a husky build and very athletic..just my type. I always imagine him kissing and hugging me. Daydreaming was my friend. There was one song that reminded me of him..Silk there's a meeting in my bedroom. lol. Till this day everytime I hear that song I think of him.I had to tell someone about this crush because it was too big.  I finally told his sister that I had a crush on him and she said " awww you guys would make a cute couple"  I was shocked that she said that because most sisters are really protective of there brother but I made her promise that she wouldn't tell him because I couldn't survive having my heart beat that fast.

It was really cold this night but I still decided to go to B&S and get me some chips and candy. So as I was walking home I realized I had left my booksack by Keisha. So I was walking up the stairs but Keisha had a big black rottweiler and he would jump at the fence when anyone would go up the stairs. I was scared and I ran up the stairs on the porch. The door opened and I couldn't see who it was because I had on this big coat with a fur hoodie. I hear this voice say my name and I looked up and it was HIM. My heart was beating so fast that I didn't respond I just looked at him and then he said my name again. I responded this time I said " Is Keisha home? He said no she had went by her dad's house. I said " ok but ummm I left my purple backpack in the living room". He said " Ok let me go and get it for you." Now I'm still outside on the porch and it is freezing. He brought my backpack out and gave it to me. I thanked him and as I am about to go run back down the steps. He called me and I said nervously "yeah" then he grabbed me and KISSED ME!!!!!!! I was so shock that I forgot to kiss him back but that didn't last long He smelled like he had just came from the barber. He told me that he always had a crush on me and the he wanted me to be his girlfriend. I told him that I had felt the same way and that I always had a thing for him but I was scared to tell him. He said that his sister told him (That Wench) that I liked him and that he felt really good about it.


Keith and I dated for about year after that first kiss. He was the most attentive and caring boyfriend that I had ever had at the time. I was 15 when this all happened. We had broken up because he started to do illegal things and I didn't agree with it. Even though we weren't together we would still hang out together and things like that. In 2004 he and his friend was killed at the same time due to gun shots wounds. I know it would be because the illegal activity that he was doing. At that time I was in college and in another relationship but I was really hurt by the news. I cried because he was such a sweet person and he was my first dream that ever came true. So when it comes to that big crush...just go with it and take a chance and your dream might come true.

Comments

  1. That was a sweet story... The same thing happen to me... not my first crush but I do understand how the feelings can stay there for someone after being apart.

    love will come back around and hopefully the next crush is the husband that will be there when you both are 99 years old....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Like it or Nahh

I have noticed that if you are a woman you are not suppose to be outwardly sexual because it is frowned upon. I have learned that people tend to judge a woman for being sexual which I think is pretty ridiculous! I have been a victim of this myself. Some men that I have dealings with in the past didn't necessarily liked that I blogged about sex or that I was so open with strangers about my love life. I found that quite funny and very judgmental but I guess that comes with the territory. If I am divulging all this info about myself someone out there isn't going to agree with me or be on my side. I expect that I want that because I respect people's criticism but when it's malicious I don't tolerant that. I think that what I write about could possibly help another person. I know that I go thru things on a daily basis when it comes to men and relationships. Why not share my experiences and my take on things whether it be sexual or not. Some people's opinions are

The First 15....

Janee' was set up on a date with a mutual friend of ours on a blind date. She asked me if he was cute and what the dimensions were....Lol..I told her that she would find out when she sees him for the first time. I choose not to show her any pics because I wanted it to be a real blind date! Janee' was very nervous so I told her that I would be in Barnes & Noble that was just down the street from the restaurant. To make a long story short...Janee' came back to Barnes & Noble and she said that he was very handsome and he had really good conversation...then she said the "He CAN GET IT!!"...LOL Being a woman myself I know if I meet a new guy I can tell within the first 15 minutes if I like him...If I would go the next date and if I would sleep with him. Mind you the first 5 minutes are physical and the other 10 is his introduction!!  It all about chemistry and vibes for me..but that being said even if I felt that way before he started talking that could cha

Tainted Image Of Mr.Perfect

I was lost when it came to knowing what I wanted vs what I needed when it came  to a man. As much as I sit and daydream about Mr. Perfect I wondered was I under the influence of society image of him. I know I have my preferences but what if my Mr. Perfect doesn't fall within my preferences. How can I decipher whether or not I'm going off of what society says is a perfect man. When I was your I had my own ideology when it came to men and relationships.  For example.. I believed that the man should be taller, older and just bigger all the way around.. I mean that's just physical and circumstantial conditions that had to be met for me at that time..I think I was definitely affected by society when it came to that. So I changed that outlook because that was very silly to me. I'm only gonna date guys older and taller but the tallness really didn't matter lol.. I had a checklist and if he didn't hit a least 4 of the things on my list he was outed!! I was very simp